September 8, 2010
The Creeper!!! Is that charmy monster singing in the trailer!!
- Creepers are complex creatures that have a tendency towards extreme isolationism. They are completely unsociable, and they conform contemplating other people’s lives without being seen. Even so, they are very territorial creatures, and they will attack with their long arms to anything that comes within their reach if they feel threatened (which happens almost always).
- They only eat water, and they use their fingers to suction it. They can introduce their thin arms on narrow cracks to find water in the most extreme conditions, and they can store large amounts of water inside their enormous head. Even carrying as much water, the creepers are incredibly flammable…
- His name is given to them by their frightening appearance and their characteristic haunting growls of old pervert.
September 1, 2010
Today, two for the price of one!
There are two flying foes inside the cave: the winger and the buzzer!! (dumb and dumber)
- The wingers are very fragile beings and have no natural defenses. Fortunately, they are made almost only by skin and bones, so nobody wants to eat them.
- They are quite gregarious creatures, and they only leave their group to explore or to die once they have reached old age. Their lifespan is about 72 hours.
- With four powerful wings, the wingers can change the direction quickly in the middle of a flight, or even stop in the air, although many young wingers die learning to fly because they have four wings entangled with each other.
Here is a simple video with a winger inside the editor, with one of the UDK’s default materials… we call it: “Cyber-Winger”
- Buzzers are very dignified and classy beings, that have a tremendous complex about their weight and their ridiculous belly. That’s why they are always looking up.
- A mature buzzer can flap 90 times per second during large periods of time without rest thanks to their great capacity to store lipids, sugars and other nutrients.
- They are almost indestructible, and nobody tries to hunt them, because it is useless to bite them… It’s like biting into a balloon.
- They are used to carry their heavy belly, so the buzzers have developed an amazing strength and can fly as normal no matter if they are carrying extra weight, or colliding with obstacles.
Let’s see them in action!
This is an early version of what it will be… there are still some troubles with the tonge, and the scenary is completely provisional (remember that the game happens inside a cave)!
August 25, 2010
One of the evil masked foes that the creature will find inside the cave is the dangerous sniper. Here are some important facts that will help you to understand and face them:
- Snipers don’t need to defend themselves due to their ability to shrink and hide underground, where they can remain for long periods of time absorbing calcium and other minerals of the rocks, which are transformed into food and bullets by its body.
- Even so, they are incredibly aggressive creatures that really enjoy inflicting pain and practicing marksmanship. They are the only wild creatures of the cave that kill just for pleasure. They are always looking for some prey to riddle and tend to emerge from the rock suddenly to surprise their victims.
- Their center of spatial perception is located in the extreme of its guns, which gives them an amazing aim, no matter if they are upside down; hanging from the ceiling.
Be careful if you find them… your best option will be to flee from them, but you can try to use their bullets for your own benefit.
A free fancy wallpaper!!